1. Click the Continue Registration button
2. Complete Personal Information Screen -
You only have to fill in the fields with a red asterick (*) next to them, and then click "Next".
3. Complete Contact Information Screen -
This information will be used to contact you when you match to a job, and you can indicate what information is visible to employers. After completing the form click "Next". If you choose to be contacted by email, you will need to verify your email address before any job matches will be sent. You will be sent an email to verify your email address.
4. Education and Employment Overview
5. Additional Background
6. Job Search Preferences - Occupation Selection - At this screen you will identify your current experience level and skills for this particular occupation. After completing this screen click "Next"
7. Job Search Preferences - At this screen you will indicate the location(s) you would like to work, the pay and time schedule you would prefer, and language skills you possess. You can enter multiple Locations and Pay & Schedule entries, but you must have at least one. After completing the form click "Next"
8. Work History Detail - At this screen you will describe your work experience. You will need to enter the Employer Information, and Job Description for each job you have held in the past. If you do NOT have any work experience you can check the box at the bottom of the page that says "I do not have any work experience" then click "Next". If you have work experience then enter the information in the appropriate fields then click "Next".
9. Work History Details (continued) - If you had work experience then you will be taken to the following screen. If not then you will see the screen in step 10. At this screen you can edit your previous Work History Detail or add another work history detail by clicking the link "Add Another Work History". If you do not have any additional work history details then click "Next".
10. Registration Confirmation - At this screen you will see your User ID and short synopsis of your registration. You will also be directed to your nearest workforce center. You have successfully registered with Workintexas.com. Click "Next".
11. WIT Portfolio - Your portfolio page outlines your current progress in workintexas.com. You are now ready to fine-tune your profile to start matching to available jobs. Click the "View Jobs Matching Your Criteria" button.
NOTE: Initially, if you have no job matches you can use the "Match Advisor" to assist you in fine-tuning your profile. The "Match Advisor" button can be found under the "My Home Page" tab.