Important Hurricane Harvey Information
Individuals affected by the recent severe storms can apply for benefits online through
Unemployment Benefit Services or by calling a TWC Tele-Center Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 800-939-6631. Individuals should specify that their applications are related to the damage caused by Hurricane Harvey.
* The work search requirement is waived temporarily for disaster-related regular unemployment claims and employer tax accounts are protected from any charge for such claims. Please note that this waiver may change in the near future as the Texas Workforce Commission monitors recovery status in Hurricane Harvey disaster-declared areas.
Disaster Unemployment Assistance
TWC is accepting applications for Disaster Unemployment Assistance (DUA) - workers who lost their jobs and self-employed individuals who have been unable to work due to damage sustained from Hurricane Harvey may be eligible for relief.
Applications for DUA must be submitted by October 31, 2017. TWC’s website contains more information about Disaster Unemployment Assistance.
Individuals can apply for disaster unemployment benefits online through Unemployment Benefit Services or by calling a TWC Tele-Center Monday through Friday between 8 a.m. and 5 p.m. at 800-939-6631.
You Will Need:
- Last employer's business name and address
- First and last dates (month, day and year) you worked for your last employer
- Number of hours worked and pay rate if you worked this week (including Sunday)
- Information related to your normal wage
- Alien Registration Number (if not a U.S. citizen or national)
Frequently Asked Questions From Employers: http://www.twc.state.tx.us/news/efte/hurricane-faqs.html.
These and other employment law-related questions may be directed to the toll-free hotline for employers at 1-800-832-9394, Monday-Friday, 8:00am-5:00pm.
Additional Texas disaster recovery resources for employer & job seeker employment.
FEMA Disaster Recovery Centers
Federal Emergency Management Agency (FEMA) Disaster Recovery Centers (DRC) in your area can be found by using FEMA's Disaster Recovery Center Locator.
Additional FEMA Resources
FEMA has also publishes the following Hurricane Harvey Resource and Info Pages:
Texas Harvey disaster page: https://www.fema.gov/disaster/4332
Hurricane Harvey Rumor Control: https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-harvey-rumor-control
Hurricane Harvey disaster page: https://www.fema.gov/hurricane-harvey
Harvey careers page: https://careers.fema.gov/hurricane-harvey