Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)
WIOA provides funding for job search assistance and skills training for individuals in one of the following groups:
- Adult: An individual who is 18 yrs of age or older and meets the following eligibility guidelines.
- Dislocated worker: An individual who has been laid-off or terminated and meets the following eligibility guidelines.
- Youth: An Individual who is 16-24 years of age and meets the following eligibility guidelines.
What type of training is available?
WIOA provides funding for training in occupational skills which may occur on the job or the classroom. For a complete list of the occupations for which training is available, please go to Targeted Occupations.
The classroom training must also be with an approved provider. For a list of eligible training providers, please see ETPS: Texas’ Statewide List of Certified Training Providers.
What type of documentation will I need?
You will need to provide the following:
- a birth certificate or passport or DD214
- Driver’s License
- Social Security Card
- Selective Service documentation
Other documents may be requested from your case manager as identified in the WIOA Eligibility Documentation Log.
How do I get more information about the WIOA program?
Contact your nearest Workforce Solutions Center to speak with a WIOA Case Manager.
Free Online Training
Do you want to learn Excel, PowerPoint, or brush up on your reading and math skills? Check out this free online website to see what other courses are available. http://www.gcflearnfree.org/