Targeted occupations offer both good employment growth prospects, i.e., a large number of expected job openings, demonstrating “high growth / high demand,” and are occupations for which the Board will dedicate WIOA training resources. The Targeted Occupations List is subject to review every 2 years.
Occupations in high demand in Texas as a result of COVID-19 include:
- Management, such as general managers, sales managers, and medical and health service managers
- Business and Financial Operations Occupations, such as HR specialists, analysts, accountants and auditors
- Computer and Mathematical Occupations, such as software developers, computer occupations, all other
- Media and Communication Workers, such as interpreters and translators
- Healthcare Practitioners and Technical Occupations, such as registered nurses, radiologic technicians, and EMTs and paramedics
- Food Preparation and Serving Related Occupations, such as cooks and bartenders
- Sales and Related Occupations, retail supervisors, retail sales, and wholesale or manufacturing sales
- Office and Administrative Support Occupations, such as administrative assistants and customer service representatives
- Installation, Maintenance, and Repair Occupations
- Transportation and Material Moving Occupations, such as truck drivers and material movers.
Source: Texas Workforce Commission